My writing process keeps us on the same page and gives you an idea of what working with me is like.
Once we decide if I'm a good fit for your project, we’ll set up a meeting to chat about out where you are with your business and how I can wrangle you better results through great copy. We’ll also touch on:
- Your business goals and customers
- Timelines, budget and project expectations
Proposal + Quote + Agreement
You’ll receive a project proposal to review and approve. It will include:
- Scope of work + writing strategy plan
- Fixed-price quote based on estimated length and complexity. My rates are transparent so you have the reassurance of only paying for time spent.
Happy with the quote? I’ll send you an agreement to sign and return by email. It seals the deal and we’re in business.
Research + Analysis
Before I start writing, I'll get to know your business inside out, including:
- Your offer, positioning, specific market, ideal customer, buyer's journey, and objections they might have.
- Competitor research to understand where your brand fits among your competitors, and how you can stand out.
- Your tone or brand requirements.
- Customer interviews to gather deep insight and information about your best customers.
- Review mining to collect the main themes from what customers think about you.
If you have existing content, the next step is to do an audit to check its strong points and where it needs improvement, including tone, flow and other elements. I can also meet with your team or subject matter experts to gather key details that will give your copy authority in your industry.
Time to start writing! I’ll take everything I learned combing through my research and turn it into a strong first draft.
- The copy will be structured and may be based on design, formatting and other persuasive elements.
- I’ll send the first draft to you to review and provide feedback.
- If it’s needed, I’ll polish it up until it’s to your standard (every project has two rounds of revisions at no extra charge).
- After you sign off, I’ll send the final drafts to your design/web development team, and an invoice to you with payment terms.
Release your copy to the masses and watch it work for you! I’m always interested to hear about any feedback you receive or the results you achieve if you have the opportunity to gather and share them.
Split testing is typically worked into the initial client proposal.
Now that your copy is published, it’s time to test if it’s performing well and delivering the results you want. If you think it can be doing better based on the data you’ve gathered, I’ll make tweaks to improve its performance and conversion rates. It could be something as straightforward as an alternate headline or call-to-action. Even the smallest edits over time can reap bigger results.